Tuesday, March 31, 2009

That's it for March!

Good month for me. I think I'm playing the best I ever have, and hope it continues. I made about 15k in 40,000 hands of mostly 99% 1/2 with a tiny 2/4 and 3/6 mixed in on one or two weekend nights when mega donks were playing.

Poker training videos that changed my game in the past year or two:

-James Davis' stuff on Stox focusing on 3barrelling regs and putting players who are uncomfortable going broke with one pair in tough situations.

-The CR video interviewing Balbomb where he talked about playing more hands on the button than you are now. I have incorporated that in my game and you begin to realize against just how vital position is even when you thought you knew all about that before.

Advice for the month:

-Be creative. Never be a robot. Figure out ways to surprise people and do thigns differently. But pressure on people and don't be afraid to lose a stack making a move. Just use that information and value town them the next time. Good luck all.

Pete

1 comment:

AppleSeed2082 said...

thanks for the advice. I'm going to try to only 6 table and not 16 table $50 nlhe FR this month. Going to really focus and see what happens in April.