Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Back, limit

Well, I'm back from my Memorial Weekend trip, which was fun but it's good to be home. I only had a chance to play for a few minutes yesterday and won a whopping 80 cents. Huge. LOL. Anyways, I hope to play some today but I have some chores to do around the house too so hopefully I can work a good session in there somewhere.

Also, Schneids' first Cardrunners video has inspired me, and I'm motivated to try out some limit hold 'em. With my current bankroll on Bodog I can comfortably play 1/2 and could move up to 2/4 very quickly. The winrates for limit are obviously less than NLHE in terms of BB/100, but each BB is worth more so it sort of evens out. For instance, if I crush 25NL at 8 ptBB/100, that's $4.00/100 hands. If I can beat 2/4 LHE at 1BB/100, that's $4.00/100 hands too. A normal solid winrate seems to be 1-2 BB/100 for limit. So I'm going to try and study the CR limit videos and mix a session of limit hold 'em in there. I think varying the games you play can help keep you fresh and motivated and keep you from going on autopilot, which is maybe one of the worst things you can do as an online poker player.

No comments: