Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Good mindset

I've been proud of myself so far in my move up to 100NL that I'm not letting bad beats and coolers get to me. Yesterday I ran awful and in the course of 1000 hands of 100NL full ring I:

-lost with second set to top set twice for 120BBs each time
-ran AK into shortish stack's (30-40 BBs) AA twice where we were getting it AIPF no matter what
-Lost a big pot with flush over flush
-Lost AK to A9o AIPF
-Lost KK to QJ all in on a jack high flop

And despite of all that I never let any of these beats get to me, I kept my cool, kept playing my game, and ended up $78 at the end of the session despite all that. I know I didn't play the flush over flush hand perfectly on the river but I was mad about how I played it, not that "I was coolered, life's no fair, etc etc".

Face it...the most of us are able to consistently make money playing a silly game with some cards that we love to play. We'll all win in the long run if we keep a good mindset and don't go on terrible tilt sessions. But it happens to the best of us, just read Brian Townsend's latest blog posts.

Keep your cool, relax, and just play hands the best you can. The money will come!

Pete

1 comment:

AppleSeed2082 said...

Great mindset, I always have to remind myself when i'm on the wrong end of coolers that it will even out soon enough.

Just keep playing your A game and your position.

Oh yeah, i'm back grinding 25 nl he sh.

good luck at $100 nl he fr.