Thursday, November 1, 2007

Moving up

I have moved up to 100NL full ring on Full Tilt after my biggest month ever playing full ring 50NL last month. I think I might have found my niche, and I don't care what people say about boring full ring nitty poker or whatever, if it's profitable that's what I want to play!

I've been three days so far at 100NL and found the play very managable. I won 2.5 buyins the first two days, and lost a little under a buyin yesterday. I played some hands badly, but the good thing is that I am understanding where I mess up in hands more often now, and am correcting those errors. I feel very comfortable at the next level up and so far the play has still been pretty easy to play against, just a bit more aggressive at times. Really, though, the 50NL 6-max games at Full Tilt are more aggressive and tougher than the 100NL full ring games, no joke.

My goal for the month is 5 ptBB/100 winrate, which would equal $2000-3000 playing 20k-30k hands. We'll see what happens. I'll keep you updated!

Pete

2 comments:

losbert said...

Good luck with the move up to 100NL and well done on the good month last month.

DODGYKEN said...

Nice work on finding what's working for you. Definitely stick to the full ring if that's what you're comfortable with at the moment. I would try and mix some 6-max in now and then too, but don't worry about it too much for now.