Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Good session

+3 buyins in about 700 hands at 50NL, 5 tables of full ring and 1 of 6-max tonight. I think I played really well for the most part and was happy to have some good results after this bad weekend. I know that I just need to keep working on my game and that when I have time to put in more hours I will crush the 100NL full ring game this January.

My big hands held tonight which was nice and I consistently got it in ahead. Only one big pot that I lost went something like this:

Full ring, one MP limp, I raise AA from MP and SB and limper call. Flop comes K85r. Limper donks $2 into like a $9 pot, I raise to $8, SB folds, limper reraises to $14 and I shove for his stack of $35ish.

Am I EVER ahead of a hand that has this line with the weak lead out and then min reraise? I was mad at myself for not folding (he obv had 55) but I cooled down and came back really strong after that.

Pete

2 comments:

AppleSeed2082 said...

great results so far and I think it's great you moved back down to rebuild confidence and bankroll. No need to rush back into the higher levels so quickly.

As for the pock A hand. I would only fold if that player was Tight Passive. Against a Tag/Lag, i'm going with it because he only has a $35 stack and he could easily have KQo, KJ, K10 type hands or a oddly played AKo.

Henk said...

Nice blog! More people should read it. If you want, you can register your blog www.pokerweblogs.com. It is free and and it automatically updates when you do an update, so visitors of our site can see when you updated your blog. The big advantage is that it will attract much more visitors to your blog.

Greets Peter