Sunday, June 3, 2007

100 NL...

I took a small shot today at 100NL...nothing insane, just 2 tables of 6-max and 1 table of 50NL Full Ring on Bodog for a very brief session...I won just under half a buyin. I am comfortable taking small shots at 100NL on occasion because I KNOW I can beat the games, I just don't have the full bankroll I need right now, and because I KNOW I can crush 25NL that I always have that. I have set aside a few buyins of my bankroll that I could lose and still be okay with to take shots at 100NL on occasion when the games look good. (I am datamining a lot)

When looking back at my few sessions of 100NL before, I realized I spewed too much money c-betting on flops where I could easily be taken off them (those way ahead/way behind situations where you have a hand but it's weak like KJ on a K-high flop maybe), or just when I had nothing. You can't run people over at this level like you can at 25NL, people float a bit more, raise more, and try to take pots away. I think playing position/nitty/smart can work at that level because people still pay you off because the play is pretty awful for the most part and people are willing to go all the way with top pair mediocre kicker. Anyways, we'll see how it goes.

My best hand from today's session...the river shove is pretty bad in hindsight. Oh well.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1142960

Good luck to all of you at the tables!

Pete

1 comment:

papabigballer said...

Whats up man. I don't think the river shove is awful but its still meh. I think there are a few 2pr and sets that call you here but if you do get called you will probably see KJ or a flush a decent amount of the time. The problem is if you vbet and he raises you pretty much have to call so the push in turn isn't that bad I don't think. GL at 100nl and keep up crushing 25nl. (Just wondering why you don't play any 50nl?)