Monday, June 25, 2007

Make some laydowns!

Making a good laydown is like winning money because once you click "call" and you lose, that money doesn't come back. I need to make more good laydowns and not call everybody down!

I had another losing session this morning on both Bodog and Full Tilt. Bodog doesn't even bother me because I had some ridiculous hands and the swings there I'm used to. (I got it in with AKss vs AJ on a J high flop with two spades, he held with his TPTK for the biggest pot I played) But Full Tilt is starting to piss me off because I've had three straight losing sessions of 10NL 6-max there and I'm down 2.5 BI in only three days. How can I not beat 10NL for crying out loud?

I lost a little under a buyin this morning...I won two nice pots, both with overpairs...JJ vs TT and AA vs a flush draw. I didn't get paid like I should with the latter hand because the board was scary. Flop was like Q53 two spades, villain calls my reraise and then the turn is another Q. Hate that. So we checked it down after that. The two big hands I lost were pretty bad. One was really my fault, the other was sort of just crappy. The first I had JJ on a board that was something like 45697. The villain made a big pot sized river bet and I time banked it and called like an idiot when there's nothing I could beat except a busted diamond draw. He flips over 96dd for two pair value betting a scary river card. NH sir and I'm a donk for calling. The other hand I had 55 and the flop came JT5 two spades. I had called a raise and the original raiser led out, I reraised, he called, turn comes As, we both check. River his a blank, he fires out big, and I call even though I can't beat spades and he flips over...KQo for the straight. LOL.

Running and playing badly is a nasty combo. But I don't want to do the "oh the cards are so bad I just can't win why is it all rigged against me I'm so unlucky" crap because I hate that (MKind please pay attention). The fault is my own, and I need to play better. End of story. I am making some -EV plays very regularly right now and I need to find out what they are and change them so I don't continue to burn money.

And I need a winning session at Full Tilt 10NL. Seriously! How bad is that?

No comments: