Monday, June 18, 2007

Plans for the next few months...

Lost a little under 2BI this morning before work...got QQ AIPF vs AKs and lost, had AA vs 66 and QQ on a 6-4-3 flop and lost that as well. The QQ guy actually called after the first two of us got our money in, pretty bad but I guess tough to lay down but you gotta know you're beat.

The crappy thing is this of course is right after I took the majority of my money off Bodog. I was hoping I could make it on about 9 BI at 25NL so this hurts that a little bit. I told myself if I get down to $100 I will go down to 10NL at Bodog which would seem so wrong but hey you gotta do what you gotta do.

So my plan for the coming months is as follows:

I'm busy the rest of the summer with a few trips, work, and moving to a new city and into a new place. Therefore my play will be sporadic until mid August or so when we're finally settled and the school semester starts. I hope to get my money I cashed out from Bodog yesterday in about a month. (They're saying 20 business days which is basically 4 weeks) So let's just err on the side of caution and say I get that by the end of July or start of August. I'm going to take that money and put it into Full Tilt. I plan on creating an Epassporte account in the next day or two and putting like $100 on Full Tilt. I have something like $7 on there now and will be getting $80 in rakeback there at the start of July. So $180-ish should be enough for me to 3-table 10NL while I 3-table Bodog 25NL.

I will do this until I get my money from Bodog at the end of August, like I was saying. From there I should have enough to easily play 25NL on Full Tilt and very soon 50NL. I'd like 30 buyins if possible, so $1500 is the bankroll goal for Full Tilt.

Once I receive that Bodog check, I will take the rest of my money off of Bodog, however much that ends up being (hopefully my bankroll survives there for the next month and a half!) I will have them mail another check to me (SOOOOOO slow, ugggh) and then take that money and put it on Cake, along with enough funds so I can play 50NL on both Full Tilt and Cake. (5-tabling, 3 FT 2 Cake) I hope to do this by September 1.

So my plans are as follows:

Now - Aug. 1: 3-tables Bodog 25NL 6-max, 3 tables Full Tilt 10NL 6-max. (Moving down to 10NL on Bodog if my bankroll falls)

Aug 1 - Sep. 1: 6-table Full Tilt 25NL 6-max

Sep. 1 - on: 3-tables Full Tilt 50NL 6-max, 2 tables Cake Poker 50NL 6-max

I hope to get in 20,000 hands a month, and if I can beat 50NL at 5 ptBB/100, that would be $1000 a month. From there I want to make money and get comfortable at that level and with my bankroll before trying to move up to 100NL 6-max on both sites sometime next year. I think this is a good plan that will allow me to comfortably move up without rushing things or risking too much money by taking shots and "playing short". If I don't like Cake Poker then I just plan on 5 or 6-tabling on Full Tilt.

We'll see how things go and if I can meet these goals...I want to continue to work everyday on improving my game and preparing myself for tougher, more aggressive games...(not that I expect 50NL to be THAT tough).

No comments: