Monday, June 11, 2007

Cardrunners post...

I posted the following this morning on Cardrunners. I don't really expect to get a stake from it, but it was easy to put together and what's the harm in trying? I tried to get myself across in the post, and I thought including visual aids couldn't be anything but helpful. :) If I don't get a stake I'll still be fine because I consistently win at 25NL and I am building up rakeback money to start playing regularly on either Full Tilt or Cake, so playing more tables will increase my profitability. But still, be able to take a shot at 100NL and being able to play optimally instead of worrying about only having a three buyin shot for it or whatever would be REALLY nice. Plus from what I've seen on Bodog, those games are SO beatable over time with a decent bankroll. I KNOW I would win at them.

Anyways, here's my post:

----

So here's my story:

I'm Pete, and I'm a 24 year old master's student about to be a doctoral student in communication (officially get my master's in August). I have been interested in poker since the Moneymaker boom, but I only started playing online in December of 2006. Before then I couldn't really deposit online for a few reasons, but I joined Cardrunners and studied for months before I started playing because when I started playing for real money I wanted to do things right. Before then I just played with friends and at free bar leagues and stuff like that.

I deposited on Bodog in late December and ran really hot to begin with, so my end of December and January were very profitable. I believe around that time I got Poker Tracker (it might have been mid January) and started datamining. I know have over 45,000 hands of mine logged at 25NL, mostly at Bodog 6-max and a few at Full Tilt 6-max. Over those 45,000 hands I have beaten 25NL 6-max at a 7.2 ptBB/100 clip. (overall I have likely beaten it at a higher level, but like I said I ran hot when I first deposited on there. Since then I have grown tremendously as a player and continue to develop!)

This month I prepared a move up to 100NL 6-max on Bodog. The reason I skipped 50NL is because Bodog doesn't have 6-max tables at that level, and I don't enjoy full ring games as much. I made my move to 100NL and then my car broke down. I had to withdraw a big chunk of my bankroll to cover that and some other bills, and so I was back at 25NL in no time because it takes a while to make back $1000 playing at that level for the amount of time that I do.

Anyways, I believe that my numbers show I am ready to move up to at LEAST 50NL 6-max, but I don't have the bankroll for it on any other site than Bodog, and Bodog doesn't have 6-max tables at the 50NL level. Therefore, I would like to be staked for:

-50NL on Full Tilt or Poker Stars
-100NL on Bodog or Cake

I'm open to other ideas as well. I believe that the play on Full Tilt and Poker Stars is tougher than Bodog and that the 50N: levels are probably more like the 100NL levels on Bodog or another soft site in Cake. The tough thing about staking somebody on Bodog is that money transferring is not easy, and they don't even accept Epassporte, so that kind of sucks. But again, I'm open to suggestions. Cake I put in here because I have heard it is even softer than Bodog, and they allow peer-to-peer money transfers, making staking on that site easier. Full Tilt and Poker Stars are obviously potential sites even though the tables may be a bit tougher, because they are MUCH easier to multitable than Bodog or Cake. (Bodog has a max of three tables, Cake's screens are really big)

I have included a graph of my 25NL 6-max stats here. I would also be happy to share Poker Tracker data, etc.

I am looking for a stake at 50NL or 100NL. I have never been staked before, but I think a deal where you get your money back and 50% of my profits (if I win) would be fair. We could do it on a month to month basis. I am open to discussing things such as how to keep track of my profits (obviously we need to make sure I am honestly reporting what I'm winning, etc. How do people do that?), make sure you get paid, etc.

While you may not know me, I am happy to discuss via email or even over the phone anything related to this stake. I am a fairly regular poster in the small stakes NLHE forum, and I update a blog regularly where I discuss my growth and struggles as a poker player. I am open about myself as a poker player and am not trying to pull a scam. I love the game and love studying it and improving. I feel the fact that I was a Cardrunners member for months before I ever played a real money hand online shows this dedication and desire to improve and be able to do this well.

Right now I don't play a super high volume...probably 10k - 15k hands a month. A lot of this is due to the fact that Bodog only allows you to play three tables at once. I also have a very busy summer ahead of me, but when August comes around I should have a lot more time to play and be able to get in many more hands, especially if I am able to 5-6 table.

If you would like to discuss this further send me a PM on Cardrunners and I'll give you my email info. Reply here or send me a PM with any questions. Thanks!

Pete

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/9011/25nl45khandspu8.jpg

No comments: