Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Quick update

A quick update:

I had interest from one person as far as a possible staking deal. We're going to take our time and talk things through and not rush into anything, and I think that's a good plan. Also, I don't have time to play a lot of hours right now, and I'll have time to play a good deal more come mid-August, which I'm looking forward to.

I think I've been playing better the last few days, but I'm still making a few mistakes. One thing I think that has hurt is that I used my rakeback money that I have on Full Tilt (my Bodog rakeback is transferred there since Bodog doesn't allow transfers) to cover my Cardrunners costs for the next 6 months. So I only have a few bucks on Full Tilt right now and haven't been playing there. Before, I was playing 3 tables of Bodog 25NL and 2 tables of Full Tilt 10NL just to keep me busy. Now I'm back to playing 3 tables of Bodog 25NL and nothing else. I think fancy play syndrome (FPS!) sometimes catches up with me as I get "bored" of not playing enough hands. I think that multitabling is a good thing for me at this level because it gets me to fold more marginal hands and not spew as much. Yesterday I was having a nice session and then raised J3cc on the button and ended up losing a large pot with a river bluff against a guy with KQ on a K-high board he was never laying down in a million years. Spewing money in spots like that is what's hurting me now, so cutting back on those plays and just playing good solid poker and NOT BLUFFING at this level aside from c-bets is going to be what nets me the most money. So yeah, I look forward to playing more than 3-tables at once again. I signed up for Epassporte, and my plan is to put some money into either Full Tilt or Cake so that when I get my rakeback at Full Tilt next month I can start 5-tabling or maybe 6-tabling again in July.

Still, I think I'm playing better lately. The funny thing is that you get so many gifts at Bodog that I know I just have to be patient and big pots will fall into my lap. I raised JTss UTG five handed yesterday and the flop came 9-high all spades. I got it in on the flop against the button who had K9o. I've also had people tilt and push whole stacks into my the last few days with KQ vs my AK, and A9 vs my QQ. The funny thing is on the latter hand I isolated raised all in and a player CALLED after me with A7cc! And you wonder why I love to play Bodog!

Anyways, my cards have been pretty blah lately so I think I'm doing okay...I made a buyin yesterday so I'll take it. I haven't been running BADLY, as far as bad beats and stuff...just getting dealt boring hands like Q5o and J4o all session. So when the cards pick up I know I'll make money.

Wow, this got longer than I planned. To give you the cliffs notes, I'm excited about getting money on either FT or Cake so I can start playing more than 3-tables at once again. (Damn your three table limits Bodog!) The other cool thing is that all the money I'll have on Cake or Full Tilt (well most of it, depending on how much I put on Epassporte) will have come completely from rakeback and earnings from that rakeback...I've still only deposited that original $200 to Bodog, and everything after that has been profit. Being able to start bankrolls on different sites without ever having to truly deposit your own money there is pretty sweet.

Pete

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hello everyone, ive been practicing poker and online poker since last week and i am still not familiar of some poker terms, can you help me please? By the way, what do you mean by Betfair bonus? THanks!

____________________
Marvin

At RakeBackCelebPoker.com We Will You Give you a 100% Match Bonus Up To €100 Plus 30% Rakeback for Life! Sign Up Now. http://www.RakeBackCelebPoker.com