Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Of course when you leave yourself short...

Of course you go on a downswing as soon as you pull money off a site and leave yourself a bit short there on funds...oh well. I played a bit more last night and lost about 1 and 1/2 buyins, though it was worse and I rallied a little. I lost two full buyins on hands, one was meh the other was just how it goes. The first I had KK UTG and a guy called on the button and stacked me with 22 when a 2 hit. I actually check/raised him on the flop and we got it all in and I lost. Oh well. The other hand I had JdTd on the button, call an EP raise, flop comes 9d8dx, I get it all in against AA and miss my zillion outs.

I came back with a few nice hands, but the best was with KK, I 3bet from SB, got called by original raiser, flop comes KKx. Flopped quads! I actually lead out for a 3/4 pot sized bet, he calls. I quickly check the turn, he checks behind. At this point I put him on 99-JJ. On the river I do about 9/10 of the pot and he tanks it and calls. Beautiful. Getting paid off with quads is nice, and I think I played it well because any flop check and raise just scares him off that I have AK or something (obv won't put me on quads), but betting out there seems like somebody who's trying to steal, checking the turn represents being scared now, and big river bet represents trying to steal again. I liked my line here.

So I'm nearing the stage that if I have another bad day I'm going to have to drop to 10NL on Bodog which sucks. I'm going to REALLY focus on playing LOW VARIANCE in my future sessions as I want to have some money to play there until they mail me my check in a month and I can put that money on Full Tilt. So I'd like to not go busto, and even possibly make some money in the meantime that I can later cash out and put on FT or Cake.

I'm going to be setting up an Epassporte account today or tomorrow. I'm setting up an online bank account that will just basically be for cashing stuff in and out so my online stuff isn't tied to my major checking account. That way if I ever get hacked it would only be for a few bucks...so hackers, don't bother unless you want like $20. :)

Hopefully the Epassporte setup goes smoothly, as I have about $200 to put on Full Tilt and will get $80 in rakeback there at the start of July. I'm not going to play 25NL though, I'm going to be very careful with my Full Tilt bankroll management and stick with my plan I outlined yesterday.

Not much else up here, it's kind of tough not being able to play much but hopefully I can be fresh and ready to go once things REALLY get going in August/September for me. Until then I just have to work on improving my game, studying, and preparing myself for some serious play in the fall.

I've also set a goal to win enough poker money to buy a really nice Apple Imac by Christmas time. My wife really wants one and if we get one I want to get a really nice one with a jumbo monitor, added on memory for more speed, etc etc. Apparently a new model is coming out in Septemberish, so Christmas time seems like the perfect time to get one. If I can make $1000 a month on average in September, October, November, and December I should easily be able to cash out enough to get something really nice. That's my goal...hopefully I can make it!

Pete

PS: Congrats to Sir Neb from Cardrunners for reaching $10,000 in his bankroll. Neb is one of the best posters on the CR low limits forums and attempts to give back to all the players there (he is one of the Pay It Forwards students of Brian Rue), and always puts a lot of time, thought, and insight in his posts and trying to help others. Check out his blog at sirnebsblog.blogspot.com - congrats Frank and good luck with 200NL...don't forget about us low limit grinders though. :P

No comments: