Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Nice session, multitabling, Macs...

I squeezed in about 40-45 minutes of play before work today and had my biggest session ever at +$115 or so. I played both 25NL 6-max and 100NL 6-max. I also had a small winning session yesterday in which I played 25NL and some 50NL full ring but at a short handed table. (PBB thanks for the comment...while I don't play 50NL usually because Bodog doesn't have it at 6-max, I'll keep my eyes open for short handed tables that act the same...the play was super soft)

Anyways, this morning I won two big pots at the 100NL table. I don't have PT here for exact hands, but one was 99 vs. a short stacks all in CALL with 56o, and the other was me raising 9Tcc from the SB, BB smooth calls, flop comes T8x...I lead, he has been very aggressive and reraises, I shove, he calls with 97, turn and river brick and I scoop a nice pot. It's much higher variance than I typically like to play, but I want to at least be aggressive enough at this level so that people don't push me around, and I read him about perfectly on this hand.

At 25NL I got lucky on a hand where I had AKo with the Kh, flop comes Axx all hearts, and I get it all in vs Jh8h. The turn comes the 3h and I take down a buyin. I was actually impressed the guy actually played his hand fast enough to get all the money in on the flop instead of doing the usual Bodog slow play.

So I've been running pretty well lately but I also think I'm playing really well too. I am taking limited shots at 100NL when I believe the tables are weak...I have no interest playing good players, I am not in this for pride! I just want easy money. I feel extremely comfortable playing 25NL but I can't play that forever, and I always want to improve. I will continue to play 50NL at times when the tables are short handed, but I really don't have much interest in playing full ring a lot because I don't think I'm as good at it...have to have a lot of patience, and that can be hard playing only 3 tables at once on Bodog.

That's another thing I want to talk about...multitabling. Right now I really only have money on Bodog, so I can only play 3 tables at once. I had money on Full Tilt (that's where my Bodog rakeback is sent since Bodog doesn't do transfers), but I'm using that money to pay for 6 more months of Cardrunners. I've also not done all that great on FT and I think the play is a bit tougher in general than your average site. My plan right now is to use my rakeback money and a few extra bucks I have from selling some books and stuff to start up an account on Cake Poker, which is supposed to be about the softest site around. Hopefully on my Dell XPS laptop I can fit two tables of Cake and 5-table. I think that's a good amount for me until I get really good at doing that, because I know right now I just can't handle 8-tabling and I don't play on Stars or Full Tilt with resizable tables anyways.

My wife wants to get an Imac for our next computer, so I want to get one with a jumbo 24" monitor...anyone know how many tables you can easily fit on one of those? (Then I'd only have to figure out how to get poker software to work on a Mac!)

Anyways, that's it for me...ty for comments, etc.

Pete

1 comment:

papabigballer said...

Didn't realize Bodog only had 50nl full ring. That kinda sucks and you thinkd they throw a couple 6max tables up.

I recently bought a 20" widescreen dell monitor and can easily fit 6 tables (obv resizable on FT and PS) easily. The tables are only a fraction smaller than the default size so all of the font is easily seen. I can 6 table UB with a little overlap (nonresizable) so I imagine Bodog/Cake are about the same size and will easily fit on a 24" mon.

I was wondering what the advatages of a MAC are? I'm starting my freshman year at NCState next fall and they have 2 computer options. One being the new MACs (Im guessing IMacs) and the other Dell. I was planning on the Dell unless MAC has some significant advantage...