Thursday, July 5, 2007

Good short session

Ended up a winner on both Tilt (a few bucks) 10NL and Bodog 25NL (a buyin). I think I played really well except one hand on BOdog that was AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL and I won't let you guys see it it's so bad! :)

A few quickies for today:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1236879 Just check/fold on this flop?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1236887 Value bet this river? Any chance of getting called by a worse hand? Obvious he's scared of the board.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1236894 Opponent is aggressive and capable of check raising...is not betting the turn terrible here? Is paying off the river with the flush card hits terrible?

Thanks!

Pete

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hand 1: I don't cbet this flop. Check/fold to multiple callers here when OOP.

Hand 2: I think this could go either way. I like a small bet here on the end after he checks turn AND river. About 1/2 pot, a lot of 2 pair hands could fit his range and call you down.

I think you can rule out the flush, and even the J after all that checking. This leaves a 6 to beat you, can you see hime calling that flop with a 6? No way, not with that board.

Hand 3: Can't see why you wouldn't bet that turn. If he's on the draw, don't let him have a free card. Against an aggressive opponent, I call this river with the spot you've gotten into.

DODGYKEN said...

Hand 1: Check-fold this flop. The only way it could be a worse flop is if there was a flush draw out too. I'd probably check even if there was only 1 player in the hand with me.

Hand 2: At the time I'd probably play this the same way you did. It's difficult to value bet that river with all the cards that can beat you. Would he call with any 2 pair hands that you beat here or would the board scare him off?

Hand 3: I'm betting that turn every time. If he check-raises you can probably just let it go. I find that most players will check-raise draws on the flop rather than the turn. The river is tough - he could be value betting a worse A or he could have hit the flush. The turn bet saves you having to guess.

AppleSeed2082 said...

Hand 1. I agree with luckysob. I wouldn't c bet this flop 3 ways. It hits so many hands that will CC you preflop. 45, 56, 67, 78, 89, 910, pock 66-8.

Hand 2. I like the call on the flop and ck on the turn. I would 1/2 pot it on the river for value. I don't see him playing a flush this way or a str8. He would be making a blocking/value bet if he had a flush/str8.

Hand 3. I agree u gotta bet the turn here. There are two flush draws out on the turn.

This is a close decision. He bets $3.83 into a $9 pot but I would call because he's aggressive and you showed weakness by checking the turn.