Thursday, July 19, 2007

Tilt sucks

Tilt sucks.

Not Full Tilt poker, but tilt itself.

I had a bad session at Bodog 25NL this morning. I lost 3 1/2 buyins in an hour. That's a lot for me, as I play a low variance style most of the time. I went in motivated by Noel's blog post to play aggressively and crush, but I was stupid about it and it ended up costing me.

I got stacked three times. The first was a stupid call with an overpair on a tough board. So I was pissed at myself for that and starting my session off badly. I had already had a tough hand with 99 where I laid it down on the river on an 8-high board. Then I got stacked with two pair vs a set. Then I was really pissed and I tilted off another full buyin with absolutely nothing.

I hate tilting and feel stupid for doing it afterwards. It also sucks to piss away money you work hard to earn.

I'm going to try and get over it and just relax about poker for a bit until I can get fully ready to go starting in late August when I will have much more time to play. As somebody said on this blog before, short sessions can be really rough and high variance, and maybe I should wait to play more until I have time to put in longer sessions.

How not to tilt? That's something I'm sure all of us can work on.

I'll post hands later.

Pete

P.S - at least I won a buyin on Full Tilt 10NL with QJ vs KK on QJxx board. :P

2 comments:

Noel said...

I didnt mean to send you
tilt-a-whirling. I clearly said go micro. Anyways dont let it take the wind out of you. Aggression owns son!

mongoose said...

"Tilt sucks."
- agreed.

"It also sucks to piss away money you work hard to earn."
- ain't that the truth. but, good bankroll management should take the sting out of that thought.

will check back to see the hands.