Monday, July 16, 2007

I played!

I actually got to play a bit the last two days. I get in a really nice session yesterday for probably two hours. I won over a buyin on Bodog and thought I played very solidly for the most part. I was down money on Full Tilt after losing with A9 to AQ on an AQ9 flop, so I played a sit n go and won it (a $5 6-man, holla!) and then went back to the cash tables and ended up a few bucks.

This morning I ended up even on Full Tilt and lost about $20 on Bodog, one hand with top two vs a set, and another hand tilting and doing a stupid bluff. I will try to post hands by tomorrow morning at the latest for you guys to analyze. Just don't have a lot of computer time aside from when I'm at work, and don't have PT at work.

I've been following the main event coverage a lot the past two days and MY GOD is the play like what I see at 25NL or something. There was a hand where two guys were in a pot with like 300,000 in the middle, flop is Axx, goes check check, turn is a jack and the small blind shoves 2.8 million into a pot of 300,000. Button makes a great call with A9, and the dude had shoved it all in with J9 after turning middle pair. For what reason? What are you hoping to accomplish? That and guys just making horrible call offs of their stacks with like 99, people not understanding "deep" stacked poker at all...no wonder they call them donkaments, it's insane. Anyways, I'm sure there are some good players left too, and I will be watching the main event PPV so it should be fun to try and read players as the play unfolds without hole card cams already telling you what they have.

Let's see, what else...I'm going to put money on Cake Poker very soon and start playing 3-tables Bodog 25NL and 2-tables Cake 20NL. I want to get up to $1500 on Cake (I'm going to start with $1000-1200 once my Bodog check gets here and depending on how much I take out of Full Tilt), so I can have 30BI at 50NL 6-max. I've decided that in the fall I'm going to play Bodog 25NL 6-max and Cake 50NL 6-max (assuming I like playing there of course), because I'm just not doing well at Full Tilt and I think the play is better than at Bodog...it's definitely harder to get paid off. Of course this is 10NL and I see guys post donk hands from 50NL or 100NL Full Tilt all the time, but who knows. Anyways, I want to play where the ABSOLUTE WEAKEST competition is, and Bodog and Cake should fit that bill. Noel has talked to me about playing at Absolute Poker as well, and I might consider that, too, depending on how play at Cake goes. But I like the fact that Cake has 50NL 6-max, and I wish Bodog would add that too.

That's it for me, good luck at the tables guys.

Pete

3 comments:

Noel said...

I think you should choose Absolute over Cake. Absolute is reputable and the donks are fucking everywhere. They have all stakes of 6-max too. I have never seen Cake advertised or know of anyone playing on it either. Its your money man but I would ask around and see what others say. Believe me you wont be disappointed. Edsweden and Luckysob have both just signed up on Absolute maybe they can give you some feedback.

Unknown said...

Noel got me to switch to Absolute. I highly agree that it is easy to win at, but the bonus is the great reload bonuses they offer that don't kill your rakeback money.

DWarrior said...

Lol gl cashing out of Bodog. I think it took my friend 1.5 months to get the check (actually, not sure if he even got it still).