Monday, July 30, 2007

Quick update as we end July...

Didn't get to play this weekend as I was busy with some family stuff. I went fishing on Saturday, and it was nice to get away for a bit somewhere and not think about poker for a bit. I played this morning and didn't do well, I think I am still spewing too much by raising too loosely when I'm going to end up OOP in the hand. I think that I need to get PAHUD ASAP to help me with decisions and I think that it will improve my game by leaps and bounds. Right now I am just trying to get things in place so I can rock and roll come August 20th or so when I will start to be able to play quite a bit. I received most of my money from Bodog that I cashed out there so I am loading it onto Epassporte now and I will soon have a normal bankroll again. I am going to try and plug some leaks and then hopefully play 50NL by mid/late September. I am going to work I really tightening up my spewage, esp from all positions except the button, and work on really making laydowns with overpairs when I face a lot of pressure. The big hands will come and hopefully spewing less with increase my winrate quite a bit.

I won't be online/playing as much in the next few weeks because my wife and I are starting to move into a new place an hour away on Wednesday, so I probably won't update this a whole lot until we get settled, which will take a week or two. I will have internet at work, but not at home until about a week and a half into August. So good luck at the tables, and I'll catch up with you guys in a few weeks...I'm excited to play a lot and hopefully have some great results. And I wish you guys nothing but the best.

Pete

2 comments:

Gregory Lynn said...

I wouldn't be expecting PAHUD to improve your game by leaps and bounds. In my experience it only comes into play in a small minority of hands.

AppleSeed2082 said...

PAHUD is good against unknowns. Datamine and you'll have a general idea of what type of player you are going to have to deal with.
Play tight in the beginning and get a good read then you can adjust accordingly. Reads are def better than pa hud stats, that's for sure.

Good luck with the move.