Friday, July 20, 2007

Some hands from my sick session...

So I got myself in a hole early when AA no good against AKs so I was doing my best not to tilt. I was proud of myself for just continuing to play and try to make the best decisions I could.

IMPORTANT: Feel free to look at only one or two hands if you only have time for that...four is a lot, I know!

Hand 1: Flopped set: http://www.pokerhand.org/?1284594 Is the turn check terrible here or not that bad?

Hand 2: Top two on scary board facing donk bets: http://www.pokerhand.org/?1284596 Do I pay off less than a full stack here? I thought the donk bet could possibly be a big hand or just a big club trying to get there cheaply. The turn shove is scary...is my call hideous when I don't really have a read?

Hand 3: Two pair trying to get paid: http://www.pokerhand.org/?1284603 I usually check/raise the flop or bet out on the flop here but I'm trying some different things out. What do you think of my line here? The river is a pot sized bet, is that too much?

Hand 4: Overpair facing an overshove on the flop: http://www.pokerhand.org/?1284607 I couldn't put him on a hand that beat me that he would play like this...thoughts? (Villain had been playing back at me some, but wasn't crazy aggro)

NOTE: THAT ENDS MY HANDS FOR YOU TO REVIEW! I DON'T WANT TO GIVE YOU TOO MUCH! THE REST ARE JUST ME POSTING HANDS FROM MY SESSION FOR FUN. :)

Big flop that I shove knowing he has an ace and we're getting it all in anyways: http://www.pokerhand.org/?1284613

I've had problems with AA lately and I like how I played this: http://www.pokerhand.org/?1284616

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hand 1: Fire away. He was the original raiser and you are the caller PF. If he had a flush draw or JJ he would have Cbet the flop, and I can't see him raising PF early with Q9 or 79....you have to be way ahead still. Make him pay to continue to draw. He's probably on a medium PP or to overs with 1 club.

Hand 2: If he already made the flush, why give you the chance to fold? This seems like a flush draw that just wants to take it down since his small pot control bet didn't work. Then again, from a thinking player, this would be the perfect way to play to make you think he is drawing.....if you're wrong, he's short stacked and you have outs. This is a very hard spot without good reads.

Hand 3: I understand wanting to try something different, but this is NOT the hand to do that with. You need to come out firing and take it down quick. This is the most common spot that 2 pair loose in my opinion. When your second pair is so low, you get conterfited everytime the board pairs. I also think that the river bet was a bit high, you need to keep your bets small enough that losing hands can call. Not too many losing hands call a pot size bet. I think 2/3 pot would be better here.

Hand 4: This is crazy. I can see him playing this way with 66 or a 7 if he's putting you on a big PP that you won't fold. This is spot that unless I have some kind of idea what he's up to, I'll fold.

PGK said...

Hand 4: I didn't see him overshoving with a made hand there. If he flopped huge I think he would have just smooth called behind me there. But yeah, my call is really tough there because even if I'm right and he has just overcards he wins 1/4 of the time.

Very good comments about hand 3. Thank you!

Noel said...

Hand 1: 3 bet preflop. Unless villian is a super nit I think you are ahead of his range and if he 4 bets then you have some real set mining value. As for the way hand plays out I fire the turn praying villian is trying to C/R w and OP.

Hand 2:Raise bigger on flop. As played you basically have to decide wether or not you feel like gambling. If he shows me a made flush here I just chalk it up as sick and look to stack this donk in the future.

Hand 3:I dont have a fucking clue why you check this flop. You have a disguised two pair with an A and flush draw on board. Avoid FPS stick to ABC and reap the rewards. You know how much I check raise? Next to never! You dont need to.

Hand 4: This is a spot where I will sometimes just say GG and pitch it. You have one pair(ok 2 pair) and 4.05 invested do you really want to go to war with 1010? With a read and feel get it in, if not pitch it. I can put him on a hand he plays like this, any 7. These people have no logic. Like Dice says, "Common sense, not so common."

losbert said...

Hand 1 I prefer to bet on the turn than the river here. There's too many possible drawing hands out there to check the turn.

Hand 2 Tough spot with the three suited board. I think I possibly do the same although I possibly will raise more on the flop.

Hand 3 I think you have to raise the flop here if nothing else to find out where you are in the hand and to get it heads up. I like the check raise on the turn but I probably check it down on the river, alot of the time you are going to get a call from a hand that is beating you.

Hand 4 the paired board would worry me. I might be tempted to check raise but I would have to put him on a 7 with the push and let the hand go.

mongoose said...

Hand 1: keep betting

Hand 2: player dependant. this is a bother. if he'd make that move with something top pair/nut (or second nut) flush redraw, you're ahead. if not, you do have outs, but that doesn't look as promising.

Hand 3: with so many players in the hand, the c/r doesn't bother me (well, you know the players, i'm assuming you can pretty much count on someone to bet, no?). i would make it for pot though, and hopefully end it right there.

i would have bet maybe $4 (between 1/3 and 1/2 pot?) on the river, hoping to see someone turn over an Ace. fold to a raise.

Hand 4: pitch it.