Tuesday, July 3, 2007

July goals...

July will be a crazy month for me as I'm really busy with work and just enjoying the summer. As I have posted before, I will get to play a lot more come late August/September. I have a big move coming up in early August and I'm house sitting for a week this month so poker may be limited until then. Also with my Bodog cashout situations, my bankroll online has been depleted. I feel like I've been treading water lately but I know soon things will be back to normal and I will do well. That said, my goals for July are:

1) Try to play for at least 30 minutes every weekday morning before work. Play at night after work when time allows.

2) Get used to playing 5 tables at once without feeling overwhelmed.

3) Post regularly on other's blogs from the CR community.

4) Reflect more on my own hands through my blog, and don't be afraid to take criticism from others...it will help me improve. There are obvious leaks in my game I need to improve upon!

5) Trust my gut more and lay down hands when I think I'm beat instead of making stubborn calls that almost never are right!

6) Try not to focus on money won/lost each session, but instead how I'm playing. Keep track of money week to week, but not session by session. Focus more on decisions, not results.

7) Post 2 hands after each session on this blog for others to analyze and critique. This will help me plug some leaks and solve some trouble spots/hands/situations.

8) Get money on to Cake and start playing there ASAP! Weak competition is good!

9) Win money!

10) Don't stress out about poker, have fun in life and don't dwell on day to day results. Stay positive!

If I can do all this I will be set...it's a tall task and probably impossible, but something to work towards at least.

Pete

1 comment:

DWarrior said...

Maybe a better investment for the morning 30 minutes would be to read these blogs or analyze your play and make a blog post. I think 30 minutes is a bit too short for a session and you won't get into the right mindset and won't get a feeling for the flow of the game. Besides, morning games are bad.

I usually like to do my studying in the morning/day.

Also, you'll be analyzing your game with a fresh head.