Friday, July 27, 2007

Motivated to kick some ass... :)

The past few days have been a lot better. I've caught some cards and my hands have held, on Bodog at least. Yesterday I stacked guys twice when they flopped/turned a set and I turned a straight, so it's easy to win when the cards fall for you like that. But I'm up like 4-5 BI in the last two days so I'm happy to rebound. People have really been playing back at me a lot the last two days, yesterday I had aggressive players to my left on two tables who would float me on any c-bet and then fire near-pot whenever I checked the turn. Sometimes you have to slow down a bit.

TY for all the comments on my last post, some great stuff in there that I will keep in mind. I am motivated to start taking a shot at 50NL and kicking ass. The support and motivation from everyone is awesome and it makes me want to play really, really well. :)

I loved it when Ken said that we win at these levels by extracting value with our made hands, and not by bluffing, playing fancy, doing anything crazy, etc. I am going to try and keep it simple and aggressive and keep the pressure on people over and over and hopefully watch the money pile up. :P

Pete

3 comments:

robracing said...

Pete, remember that the beauty of playing NL on the web is that there are always lots of games to choose from.

There are so many bad players floating around, especially at the low limits, that you owe it to yourself to be constantly assessing the make-up of your table, to determine if you think that you have a significant edge over at least 2 opponents.

I am not saying that you couldn't have outplayed the ultra-aggro players that you spoke about, and perhaps you did, but you should have at least been asking yourself the question.

I use PT and GT+ to keep track of the VPIP and PFR of my opponents. If I see too many players operating at what you might call CR or 2+2 type stats (20/15 or similar), I simply move to a better table.

DODGYKEN said...

Good stuff Pete. One other thing I should have mentioned is how often I give up one pair hands to pressure now. I used to take TPTK way too far. It's hard to throw away some hands (especially QQ-AA overpairs) but, when you're facing a lot of aggression, you're often behind.

The other problem with this is you don't receive immediate feedback as to whether you were correct in laying down your hand. The only way I can measure it is that my results have improved dramatically since I became seemingly more weak.

AppleSeed2082 said...

Table selection is key to winning. Since you had two guys floating all your c bets in position. I would try to look for a new table because you are going to need cards to win at that table.

I prefer to have floaters,lags, loose passive to my right and rocks on my left. It maximizes your profits with the least variance.