Friday, July 20, 2007

Three tough hands from yesterday...

Finally got around to posting some of my tough hands...or maybe some of my terrible hands.

Hand 1: This was like my first hand at the table, no read on villain. SB raise here is generally quite strong, is a call with 99 okay or should I reraise to isolate and get heads up with position? Obv I'd like to take it down on the flop but his call sends off warning signs, especially after a limp/call preflop, seems like a set. I almost folded the turn, again, seems like he's pricing me in. Thoughts?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1282396

Hand 2: Again, very early in the session, no reads. He has to have a straight already, a set, a ten, or hearts here, right? Easy fold for someone who's good? :P

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1282405

Hand 3: Villain had been VERY aggressive against me since I sat down. I checked behind on flop because I hit and didn't want to get c/r off my hand with him having an ace, as I'm 99% sure he'd check/raise with an ace here. Is checking behind bad here, and once I make two pair do I need to felt it against an aggressive player?

P.S - the minraise was a misclick, as I was going to raise to 5 dollars even but if you just type in 5 on Bodog sometimes it leaves it as the min bet for you if you don't have a decimal after it. What would a good sized raise here be, anyways?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1282408

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hand 1: since you are new to the table with no reads, I like calling the PFR rather than isolating an unknown. but I do think you are way ahead of his range. I would lead this turn and flop until I met resistance.

Hand 2: I think his range has you beat even though it is most likely a draw. I don't see you getting proper odds to call this. Nice fold.

Hand 3: First off, I don't like to raise with this hand unless I'm in the CO or BTN. Since you did raise from an early position I would cbet that flop. You have second pair and this is a good place to represent an A.

On this turn I like a raise. The only likely set is 2's, so I like a raise after a check/check flop where he is very likely trying to steal with a drawing hand, but I can't give you an honest opinion on the all in call.....I saw the results and want to think fold, but not sure I could have thought that without knowing villians hand.

I think a good turn reraise against a likely drawing hand is about pot......maybe 4.50.

Either way he's pushing your RR and a fold is hard here.